Johnson Creek Watershed Council is seeking a Watershed Wide Outreach Intern! Check out the posting below:
Title: Watershed Wide Outreach Intern
Reports to: Johnson Creek Watershed Council, Courtney Beckel – Volunteer Coordinator
Status: Unpaid. Flexible schedule. Intern would complete 60 hours.
The Johnson Creek Watershed Council seeks a highly motivated, organized, and passionate intern to assist with our annual Watershed Wide Event. On March 4th, Watershed Wide will bring over 200 volunteers to 10 sites throughout the watershed to participate in hands on restoration. This internship will include representing JCWC at Watershed Wide, assisting with volunteer recruitment, communications, and event planning.
General Responsibilities (to include, but not limited to):
- Attend Watershed Wide planning meetings from January-March.
- Create and Distribute event flyers and other outreach material.
- Assist with media releases. Help ensure JCWC events and calendar lists are included in appropriate area publications.
- Actively contact and recruit volunteer groups and individual volunteers via mail, phone, and email.
- Lead a volunteer site at Watershed Wide on March 4th, coordinate sign ins, lead a planting demonstration, introduce the watershed council, and manage volunteer tasks.
- Create a journal of all activities each week; ensuring a well-kept record of accomplishments is recorded.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned – including some database entry and various tasks around the office
- Experience with outreach, database management, event-planning, and coordination
- Networking experience—possibility to build relationships with environmental professionals, local volunteers, and jurisdictions
- Familiarity with the workings of a dynamic, conservation-oriented nonprofit
- Training and expertise in best practices for community outreach and volunteer recruitment
TO APPLY: Fill out our Volunteer Application; email Janel at email@example.com with questions.
Johnson Creek Watershed Council is committed to a diverse workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.